Welcome to the Isle of Trains, where you are the conductor, and constructor of one of the island’s locomotives. You’ll build trains and load a range of goods to complete contracts across the island, and also deliver passengers to their destinations.
This is the KS Deluxe Edition, not available thru normal retail and will include all items marked "Deluxe" in the description below.
Isle of Trains: All Aboard is a card-based engine building game where cards have multiple uses: You can use cards as locomotives, freight cars, passenger cars, or buildings to improve the effectiveness and abilities of your train. Cards can also be spent to pay for the construction of your new train cars and buildings, or you can use your cards as cargo and load them onto available freight cars.
You will also have a range of passengers who want to be taken to different destinations. You will draw these passengers at random from a bag when you build passenger cars and certain locomotives. You can then load passengers into any available passenger car. When passengers are delivered to their destinations, they will give you an instant powerful bonus!
Loading cargo and passengers into opponents’ trains is important on the Isle of Trains as it’ll also gain you extra bonuses that turn! But this will help the other train conductors get a little closer to completing their goals, by giving them the cargo or passengers, which they can then use for deliveries and big end game points!
The game ends when a certain number of contracts have been completed, or a certain number of passengers are delivered. You win by scoring the most points, which you earn by building up your train, completing contracts, and delivering passengers.
Isle of Trains: All Aboard is all about balancing the need to upgrade your train, with loading cargo or passengers onto opponent’s train for big bonuses, and delivering cargo and passengers to their destinations before anyone else. Build your engine effectively enough to be remembered as the greatest train conductor on the Isle of Trains!
Isle of Trains vs Isle of Trains: All Aboard
You may have heard of Isle of Trains before, and that’s because the first version was released in 2014. Since then, Isle of Trains has been remastered and expanded by Dan and Seth, but still retains the core of the game that made it so popular 8 years ago. Isle of Trains is now called Isle of Trains: All Aboard to reflect the new passengers that add so much to the game!
- Passengers added! -opening up the ability to pull off cool combos in your deliveries.
- Meeples - the addition of meeples gives Isle of Trains: All Aboard a great table presence and an immersive feel!
- Improved art and graphic design -in a style that matches the complexity of the game.
- Fixing previous issues - with just 54 cards, sometimes the deck used to run out and the game would just end. That's no fun! This doesn't happen anymore. We've also added an additional contract for 4 player games, so the fun keeps going throughout the game!
- New solo modes! - Isle of Trains: All Aboard now supports solo play with both a beat-your-own score mode and a campaign mode.