SpaceCorp: Ventures is the first module for SpaceCorp: 2025-2300AD, the game of exploring and developing the Solar System and beyond. SpaceCorp: Ventures introduces unique enterprises via fourteen HQ mats, each putting a player in control of a different corporation, agency, or institution with its own capabilities and missions. Each HQ assigns specific start cards, Infra, advantages, and limitations for all three eras. These advantages and limitations evolve in Planeteers and Starfarers, and each HQ has a special, alternate final profit option at game end.
In SpaceCorp: Ventures, each player selects an HQ from:
- Allied Transit: leaders in deep space transportation networks
- InfraMaxx: more infrastructure to use and share
- Nova Capital: speculating on the success of others
- GravTech: driven by alternate anti-gravity technologies
- Next Generation: adapting and evolving into a new star-born species
- D.P.Roberts Ltd: operating outside the law to intercept and seize
- New Nomads: always moving on to the next paradise
- Stellar Security: protecting the galaxy for a price
- ...and six more
- Source: Grant, "Interview with John Butterfield Designer of SpaceCorp: Ventures from GMT Games", The Player's Aid, 2021-02-08
In addition, at the start of each era, one player selects an eighth contract to be fulfilled, adding an additional way to gain profit and complete the era. SpaceCorp: Ventures offers players new ways to win by supporting alternate styles of play and multiple routes to success. A variety of unique abilities, new contracts, and alternate scoring options means that no two games of SpaceCorp: Ventures will play the same!
Solitaire SpaceCorp: Ventures. Ten of the fourteen HQ mats can be flipped over to play the SpaceCorp solitaire game with an enhanced HQ against the competition AI. But beware...the competition will have advanced attributes, tuned to each player HQ. Updates to the AI include some general enhancements making the AI more difficult to beat. These general updates can also be applied to solitaire play in the base game.
What's in the Box
images (c) 2022 @srmansfield