Racing at the Speed of Dice!
Are you a fan of Formula Racing? Do you dream of screaming through the streets of Monaco at 200 MPH? Well daydream no more! Now you can experience the thrill of driving a formula class car on a real racetrack!
Risk-taking, anticipation, tactics and a dash of luck: These are the ingredients for the high-octane cocktail needed to win on the world's most prestigious Grand Prix racetracks.
The goal of Formula Dé is simple: Be the first driver to cross the finish line. The principle of the game: a die for each gear! The higher the gear, the more spaces you travel. Simple? Yes, except that you can't just slow down. You should save your engines and tires, conserve enough fuel for the finish, and above all, use skillful braking to take the corners.
Corners, what corners?
Coming into the chicane while still in sixth gear... don't worry... at 200 m.p.h. no one will hear you scream.
Formula Dé is a fast-paced racing game in which the cars' top speeds are limited by having to end a certain number of turns in each curve of the racetrack. This can be tricky, because although players can regulate their speeds by choosing which gear to be in and each gear allows a certain range of movement, the exact amount is determined randomly. Great fun for a big group.
A winner of the 1990 Concours International de Créateurs de Jeux de Société.
1 Game Board (40 by 20 inches with 2 circuits)
- Zandvoort, Holland (Part 1)
7 Special Dice
- 6 for your gears
- 1 for crashes, collisions, etc.
10 Race Cars
10 Gear Shifts
10 Dashboards in 5 different colors
1 Pad of Race Sheets
- for 1, 2 and 3 lap races
1 Pencil with eraser to keep track of your car's condition
1 Basic Rule Book (8 Pages) to get you started
1 Advanced Rule Book (8 Pages) for more thrills.
Family Strategy Game Nominee 2000
More information at Boardgamegeek
If you enjoy Formula De and the two Grand Prix tracks that are included with the basic game, extend your Formula De gaming experience by adding the following Grand Prix racetracks to your collection.
- Formula Dé Circuits 3 & 4 - Zandvoort 2 & SPA-Francorchamps
- Formula Dé Circuits 5 & 6 - Kyalami & Ferrari Autodromo
- Formula Dé Circuits 7 & 8 - Magny-Cours & Monza
- Formula Dé Circuits 9 & 10 - Estoril & Interlagos
- Formula Dé Circuits 11 & 12 - Watkins Glen & Silverstone
- Formula Dé Circuits 13 & 14 - Montreal & Long Beach
- Formula Dé Circuits 15 & 16 - Hockenheim & Zeltweg
- Formula Dé Circuits 17 & 18 - Buenos-Aires & Barcelona
- Formula Dé Circuits 19 & 20 - Suzuka & Melbourne
- Formula Dé Circuits 21 & 22 - Budapest & Nürburgring
- Formula Dé Circuits 23 - 26: USA Track Pack #1
- Formula Dé Circuits 27 - 30: USA Track Pack #2
- Formula Dé Circuits 31 & 32 - Zhuhai & Sepang
- Formula Dé Circuit 33 - 10th Anniversary
- Formula Dé Circuits 34 & 35 - Bahrain & Shanghai
Note: All the above tracks are compatible with the new edition of Formula D.